Pages

5/11/11

Lagos, Round 2

HI!!!!

The time to say goodbye to Sevilla is closely approaching, boooo! I am so excited to go back to Texas but am equally saddened to say goodbye to this beautiful country & all the people I have met. I'm making sure I take advantage of all the opportunities I have left in Sevilla & make the most of my time left here :)

This week was filled with more of Fería & a weekend trip to Lagos, Portugal (take 2!)
Meet my new friends! Jesús, Sam & Bernie, who all helped Katie & I enjoy fería to the max. They invited us to some casetas & then we danced the night away!!!
Katie is a pro at dance & I...well, am NOT. She quickly picked up on Sevillanas, the dance of fería, & tried to teach me. I was on the right path, I think?! Thanks Patricio for taking this vid.
On Friday I woke up bright & early to go to Lagos, Portugal for the 2nd time! I was lucky enough to go on the trip for free with my internship, DiscoverSevilla, I guess for all my work for the company so far? haha. Sara (above) & Katie also went on the trip. 5 hours later, we arrived in Lagos!
Once again we visited the "end of the world," AKA Sagres, to see the sunset. Unfortunately it was a very cloudy day, so we were unable to see the sun :( The view was still beautiful!
Me at the end of the world!!!

Okay, so random side noteSpain is stuck in the 90s. I'm not even joking, no es una broma! Exhibit A: men are seen with jackets tied around their waists, constantly. Really, people?! haha. They also like wearing brightly colored pants (red, purple, green, you name it). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the Franco era...but sometimes I feel like I've gone back in time!
Katie & I are pigging out on our favorite foods here for the next 9 days! Pictured here is a Gofre Completo, the most delicious waffle eva. Next up: helado (ice cream) from Rayas!

What's coming up these next 9 days??
  • Still working on my 3,000 word essay.... :(
  • My advisor, Mary Alice, is throwing a farwell dinner for all the TCU students tonight. All of us plus our host moms will be sharing one last meal together...can't wait for some of my last tapas!
  • I'm taking a boat ride down the Guadalquivir River Thursday with my school, UPO.
  • Day trip to Cádiz on Friday to soak up some last minute sun & beach
  • This thing called final exams...gotta study for those.
  • Packing up for home...don't wannnnnnaaaaa!
WHERE DID THE TIME GOOOO? Sending my love, xoxo B!

2 comments:

  1. you were in Lagos this weekend? so was I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way! maybe we saw each other & didn't even know!!!

    ReplyDelete