Pages

5/23/11

Back in Texas

I'm back to the homeland: USA!!!!

My last day in Sevilla was May 21. Because my flight left at 7AM that Saturday, we decided to stay up all night long, taking every second to soak up the Sevilla I fell in love with. My Spanish friend Mariam was nice enough to drive me to the airport, so when 5AM creeped up upon us we headed out to el aeropuerto.

We ended up meeting up with Mariam's friend Jorge at the airport, whose dad worked for Iberia Airlines. Jorge's dad was nice enough to check me into my flight & grab my checked bags...I didn't have to wait in any obnoxious lines, it was fabulous! Can you say VIP?! hahaha. Jorge's dad even let Mariam & Jorge through security so they could say goodbye to us right as we left for our flight. I cannot say thank you enough to Jorge, his dad, & Mariam. They were so kind to help me out, & it just reaffirms how kindness is found all around the word. Mariam, Jorge, Sevilla...no goodbyes, just hasta luegos

After 17+ hours of travel (I went Sevilla to Madrid, 5 hour layover in Madrid, then Madrid to DFW), I finally arrived to Texas. Reverse culture shock has commenced...I never thought it would be so weird to have english engulf my ears! I miss Sevilla already, I left part of my heart there, so I guess that means I will have to return soon to find it again

Thank you to all who followed my blog these past four months. Thank you to all who helped make this experience so wonderful. To everyone else, study abroad if you can...you won't regret it, I promise!!!!
No me ha dejado; Sevilla has not abandoned me

No comments:

Post a Comment