Pages

4/11/11

Lagos, Portugal

Ei, eu sobrevivi ao fim do mundo! Translation from Portuguese to English: Hey guys, I survived the end of the world!

I spent the past weekend in Lagos, Portugal, AKA the most beautiful place on earth. You think I'm exaggerating...but nope, this is a completely factual statement. If you are looking for a place to escape real life, go to Portugal. You won't regret it!! So...about the trip! I went with the travel company I intern for, DiscoverSevilla, so the whole trip was relatively easy since I didn't have to plan out any events for the day. Here's the weekend:

Day 1: We left Sevilla for Portugal at 10AM, arriving in Lagos around 1..then go straight to the beach! After beach time, we head over to the "end of the world" to watch the sun fall of the face of the earth. Back in the olden ages, when the world was thought to be flat, Lagos was assumed to be the edge of the earth..cray cray.




After watching the sun set, we ate some Portuguese dinner...which was NOT so great! I ordered tuna with onion saucewasn't really a fan! Day 2 of food was not so great either; I ordered a burger & they brought out 2 patties with an egg on top, no bun. So basically go to Portugal for the beach, not the food! haha.



Day 2: Sangria Cruise around the Lagos cliffs! For 25 & 2 hours, we explored the caves around the ocean...so beautiful! Sitting on the boat was so relaxing & the scenery was even better. I highly recommend this cruise if you go to Lagos!





Day 3: We checked out a new beach! A few of my friends decided to surf so I took their action shots & just laid on the beach...nothing better than that!







Lagos was by far the most relaxing & chill trip I have done during my study abroad time here. Other news?
  • Only 3 more weeks of school! Why such little time? Semana Santa, the week before Easter, is huge in Sevilla, so we are given the whole week off. 2 weeks after Semana Santa we are given another week off of classes for Fería. I think that TCU should adopt this whole school calendar...
  • I only have 39 more days here, sad day! The closer the date to fly home gets, the more I realize I have so much to see of this world. I don't want study abroad to end, ever.
  • My friend Kristi sent me a package...over a month ago! It got stuck in Madrid & I have had to send in paperwork multiple times in order to receive it. Cross your fingers that it comes this week!!!
Now off to study for my History of Spanish Art test, boo school. Don't worry parents, I'll ace it :) xoxo b

No comments:

Post a Comment