Pages

8/6/12

Colorado

My summer schedule has been rather sporadic - so I decided to make use of the one week I would for sure have off from work by roadtripping to Colorado. Although a 3 hour flight would have been much more convenient, the 13+ hour drive from Fort Worth, TX to Denver, CO was a little nicer for the budget.

P.S. I discovered that I LOVE the mountains.

The beginning of the 773 mile journey.
Windmills in Kansas
Finally, Colorado!

DENVER

The Colorado State Capitol was closed on Sunday, so I just explored its surroundings.
The Capitol sits 1 mile above sea level - complete opposite of TX!
The Denver Art Museum was amazing! Super interactive - show your student ID for a discount :)
Playing cowboys & Indians inside the museum.
Pretending to be a painting.

My favorite part of the museum - the fashion studio! Racks of clothes surrounded the runway, & I took advantage of my one chance at modeling.
After lots of walking around downtown Denver, the Great Divide Brewing Co. sounded like a great stop.

The day was wrapped up at a sushi restaurant...
...followed by one last beer at a retro bar in downtown.
Day 2 of Boulder was spent at Chatfield Lake.
MillerCoors beer, lake & mountains.
Trying to feed the geese!
 BOULDER
Breakfast at Lucile's
Delicious.
Exploring downtown Boulder's Pearl Street.
The drive up Flagstaff Summit helped me realize my fear of heights! The view was breathtaking, though.
Flagstaff Summit scenery <3
Day 2 of Boulder consisted of tubing at Boulder Creek. After many attempts to fit the tubes into the Subaru, we were off to the creek! 
GOLDEN
The MillerCoors Brewery tour was really cool - & free! Visitors that are 21+ get three 8 oz samples of beer, too.
MillerCoors Brewery
COLORADO SPRINGS
Colorado Springs was the last city visited in CO, so a stop at the US Olympic Training Center was a MUST.
Many of the athletes were already in London, but it was still so cool to see where they all work out. Pictured here is the gymnastics practice facility.
Statue outside of the USOC Training Center.
See you later, Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment