Pages

3/12/11

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Hi guys!
Since I've had 3 weeks of no travel (2 weekends), I've been hanging out in Sevilla & appreciating the city more & more. Although I am realizing how much I love Sevilla, I have had a series of unfortunate events hit me :( (kinda like the book!) so here they are (I apologize for the emo-ness of this post):
  • I was suppose to take a 6-day trip to the Sahara Desert, but the trip was canceled! Because of all the protests in Egypt & Libya, many students have been pulling out of this Morocco trip...since not enough students are signed up to go, the company canceled the trip! I was most excited about riding a camel in the Sahara-looks like that's not going to happen anymore :(
  • My parents were suppose to visit me this month but had to cancel the trip last minute. 1st off: I'm sad I won't be able to see my parents until June. 2nd off: we had coordinated travel plans for Barcelona & Paris...now I am traveling to those cities by myself. I'm hoping for friends to join me on these trips, but nothing is set in stone at the moment. I'm not really looking forward to traveling to these big cities well-known for pick-pocketing alone, especially as a girl alone, so pray that something works out!
  • I caught some weird cold that includes sneezing, coughing, & a sore throat...oh & both of my eyes are bloodshot! I have no idea why, they are extremely dry, but after a quick stop at la farmacia today I'm hoping the meds they gave me will cure all.
  • My friend Kristi sent me a package...that is now stuck in Madrid at customs. Hoping it makes its way to Sevilla soon.
  • Did I mention that it's midterms week? I have 2 midterms on Tuesday. Fun stuff.
Okay so those are the current issues. Rewinding to last week:
  • My internship gave me a free trip to the carnival in Cádiz, a city about 1 hour away from Sevilla. Basically everyone roams the streets in costumes at carnaval; it was really cool to see all the costumes and the craziness of carnaval, especially since it was all free! Here are some pictures:

Praying that things go up from here. My friend D'Ann will be in Sevilla on Tuesday & I cannot wait to see her. I will update after her visit. Until then-hasta luego!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment