Pages

12/14/10

Get Ready

My room is empty. I've already packed up my stuff in Milton Daniel (minus a weeks worth of stuff) & am ready to go back home for Christmas. It's really weird moving out during Christmas break & knowing you won't be back on campus for the next semester.

The idea of being in a foreign country for 4 months is really scary when I think about it. I've always known that I would study abroad in college, but the fact that the day I leave is less than 40 days away is mind-blowing. It's finally become a reality and my nerves are building up each day. They're good nerves though!

What am I nervous about? Being away from everything familiar to me--family, friends, TCU, Texas...I know I'll last 4 months without all of these things, but still, I'm slightly terrified! & I've heard nothing but amazing things from students who've returned from abroad, so that eases things up a bit. All I know is that I'm going to enjoy the last couple of weeks I have left in the states with my padres & friends & pray that everything goes smoothly.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble on its own." Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment